- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Ensure you are equipped and able to evidence training for your GDPR compliance role.
*Discounts available for Unlimited or Premium Plus members and also for Premium members. Contact your membership manager for more information*
If you have done this course with us before, then our Update Training also runs in November.
Why is this event relevant?
Having an appropriately trained Data Protection Officer (DPO) is one of the key elements of GDPR compliance. With fines up to €20,000,000, getting it right is critical.
Browne Jacobson and Optimus Education's digital modular training course provides your DPO with the skills and confidence they need to discharge their duties including:
- understanding and applying the law
- managing a data breach
- confidently handling subject access and other requests from individuals
- the legal basis for processing data in schools
- how and when to obtain consent
- best practice for evidencing compliance.
This intensive and interactive modular digital training is limited to 30 people to ensure you have a focused experience and the opportunity to have all your questions answered. You will receive a comprehensive course handbook and three 2-hour digital modules with case studies to discuss in small groups, provide you with the right environment to put what you learn into practice. An additional one hour module will provide the opportunity to reflect on learnings and have your questions discussed.
All attendees will receive a certificate of attendance to be able to evidence training to the ICO.
Who Should attend?
- Data Protection Officer
- Data Compliance Manager
- School Business Manager
- Assistant Headteacher
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Operating Officer
Some comments from graduates of this training course:
'Informative, thought provoking, gives a clearer picture', Data Manager & DPO
'Professional training in an enthusiastic style and with knowledgeable staff', Finance Assisstant
'Practical and informative. Scary but spot on!', School Secretary, DPO
'Relevant, focussed and informative in a really engaging manner with lots of time for questions. Excellent!', Business Manager