- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Maintain up-to-date knowledge on current data protection best practice, have an improved understanding of complex GDPR issues and be empowered to drive a strong compliance culture
*This training is not included in your Unlimited or Premium Plus membership however, discounts are available. Please contact your account manager for more information*
Why is this training programme relevant?
This follow-on course enables DPOs to continue with a network of support and maintain up to date knowledge and expertise throughout the academic year, a key requirement of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
What can I expect?
The course is led by education lawyer and GDPR expert Dai Durbridge, who has extensive experience advising schools and trusts on all GDPR issues. To date, the Manchester-based partner has also provided foundation and GDPR update training to more than 400 DPOs in schools and trusts across the country.
The course provides eight two-hour learning sessions and four one-hour Q&A sessions for delegates to have their questions answered and issues discussed to ensure a personalised learning experience.
Key topics include:
- The Children's Code: ensuring compliance
- Learning from education breaches
- SARs deep dive
- DPIAs masterclass
- Data and cyber security
- Data breach practical case study
- Outstanding GDPR governance
- Data champions: building and leading your team
As a result of proactively engaging in this training programme, participants will maintain up-to-date knowledge on current data protection best practice, have an improved understanding of complex GDPR issues and be empowered to drive a strong compliance culture across their institution.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for designated Data Protection Officers within maintained schools, independent schools and academy trust settings.
'Excellent course - much better than any other GDPR/DPO course I have done before,' DPO CDP Year 1 delegate
'Very informative, providing guidance and reassurance,' DPO CDP Year 1 delegate
'Informative, engaging, really good value for money,' DPO CDP Year 1 delegate