Use our template to ensure statutory attendance reporting in your school is clear and up-to-date
Applicable for maintained schools, academies, free schools, independent schools, pupil referral units and non-maintained special schools.
Minor changes made in this version are described below.
- Bullet point added at end of governing body responsibilities in section three.
- Bullet point added at end of SLT responsibilities in section three.
- Bullet point added at end of parent/carer responsibilities in section three.
- Text amended in section five (paragraph five).
Use the guides included in the document to tailor the policy with specific details, ensuring that it explains your school's procedures clearly. These are:
- blue boxes with advisory notes that can be deleted after you have finished writing the policy
- grey text that indicates where you need to fill in certain details, such as the times that the registration period begins and ends.