From teacher to leader: middle leadership essentials
How to use this programme
This training programme enables middle leaders to learn independently as well as attending live training days with peers.
Middle leaders may be the vital cogs in the wheel of school improvement, but it’s not always a comfortable place to be. Faced with pressures from team members on the one hand and senior leaders on the other, it’s easy to get bent out of shape.
This training programme is about the practical realities of team leadership, managing people – and managing yourself. It’s about motivating, coaching, communicating and improving.
This training programme is designed particularly for new middle leaders, and is also suitable for more experienced leaders who want to refresh and hone their skills.
For a full overview of the programme, click on the image below.
Aims and outcomes
- Learn how to motivate and empower your team.
- Be more productive through better time management, prioritising and delegation.
- Gain confidence in getting buy-in from SLT and showing the value of your leadership.
- Develop your people skills: coaching, courageous conversations and communicating change.
- Demonstrate your impact through a self-directed project.
Take me to the first unit, getting to know yourself and your team
Certificate of completion
Completed a unit or a whole course? Complete our short survey and we will send you a certificate.