Teacher Development Programme
A toolbox of essential training and techniques covering core skills and encouraging deeper understanding of practice
How to use this programme
Great learners are found where great teaching exists.
From understanding the concept of learning to considering the structure of their lessons, teachers have a huge spectrum of tasks to think about daily.
This training programme covers the fundamental areas of teaching practice that form a well-rounded and effective practitioner. Deliver these units as a course for new teachers, or select individual units that target an area in need of development.
For a full overview of the programme, click on the image below.
Aims and outcomes
- Equip new teachers and developing teachers with a toolbox of techniques for improved practice.
- Gain practical techniques for supporting learners to learn effectively.
- Take away strategies for meeting Ofsted criteria for quality of teaching, learning and assessment.
Each unit includes
- Trainer notes, presentations and handouts.
- Resources to support implementation of new skills and continued reflection.
- Additional reading for further learning.
How one school is using the programme
Mark Ramsden of Healing School explains how the Teacher Development Programme supports his school's approach to personalising CPD.
Certificate of completion
Completed a unit or a whole course? Complete our short survey and we will send you a certificate.