Successful Middle Leadership
Support middle leaders to develop essential skills and clarify responsibilities
How to use this course
This course is comprised of 5 units and is aimed at both current and aspiring middle leaders.
The individual units last between 1 hour and 90 minutes on average.
Present these separately at staff meetings, or as a series to form a training day.
Author and trainer
Equip middle leaders to meet challenges such as managing change, leading teaching and learning, appraising colleagues and dealing with conflict.
Show how different leadership styles and coaching techniques can be applied in a range of situations. This course will boost confidence, rehearse skills and enable your new and aspiring middle leaders to:
- understand the roles and relationships within their team and establish reasonable expectations
- employ a range of leadership styles appropriate to different situations
- improve performance using coaching techniques that allow them to challenge staff while maintaining a supportive and creative relationship
- make informed judgements about performance which will impact on colleagues’ pay
- run productive meetings with strong chairmanship and a facilitation approach
- develop strategies to lead change effectively, using consultation techniques to win ‘buy in’ and ownership
- understand key principles of conflict management and their role in formal procedures
- foster inspirational leadership skills of professional reflection, negotiating ambitious goals and targets, innovation and risk taking and honest evaluation.
After completing this course, or a unit within it, contact us to receive your certificate of attendance on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Headteacher, Mont à l'Abbé School
Certificate of completion
Completed a unit or a whole course? Complete our short survey and we will send you a certificate.