GDPR in a Nutshell
This course will provide you with an overview and supporting resources regarding the current data protection and GDPR legislation
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into effect on 25th May 2018, replacing the current Data Protection Act (DPA). GDPR will significantly change the way every school collects, manages and stores data in school and failure to comply will result in large fines.
This training course will ensure all school staff are equipped with the essential knowledge and information about what the changes will mean to them as individuals, and what whole-school changes will need to be implemented by May 2018. Units 3 and 4 of the course provide the school leadership team with valuable practical resources to ensure every school is GPDR-ready.
How to use this programme:
This training programme is designed to provide an overview of GDPR for the whole school.
- Units 1 and 2 are suited to all school staff, teaching and non-teaching.
- Units 3 and 4 are aimed specifically at the Senior Leadership Team/Data Protection Officer and look in more detail at the practical steps needed to appoint a DPO, ensuring that their school is GDPR-compliant.
For a full overview of the programme, click on the image below.
Aims and outcomes
- Learn about the existing Data Protection Act, the facts about GDPR and the key differences between them.
- Understand what GDPR means for your school and the effect it will have on school policies, processes and culture.
- Appreciate the benefits of a single compliance document as an essential tool to take you through the necessary practical steps to becoming GDPR-ready.
- Learn about the role of a Data Protection Officer and guidance on appointing a DPO in your school.
Certificate of completion
Completed a unit or a whole course? Complete our short survey and we will send you a certificate.