GDPR in a Nutshell
This course will provide you with an overview and supporting resources regarding GDPR legislation
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect on 25th May 2018, replacing the Data Protection Act (DPA). The GDPR significantly changes the way every school collects, manages and stores data in school and failure to comply will result in large fines.
This training course will ensure all school staff are equipped with the essential knowledge and information about what the changes mean to them as individuals, and what whole-school changes will need to be implemented by May 2018. Units 3 and 4 of the course provide the school leadership team with valuable practical resources to ensure every school is GPDR-compliant.
How to use this programme:
This training programme is designed to provide an overview of the GDPR for the whole school.
- Units 1 and 2 are suited to all school staff, teaching and non-teaching.
- Units 3 and 4 are aimed specifically at the Senior Leadership Team/Data Protection Officer and look in more detail at the practical steps needed to appoint a DPO, ensuring that their school is GDPR-compliant.
For a full overview of the programme, click on the image below.
Aims and outcomes
- Learn about Data Protection and the GDPR and the key changes that have come into effect since 25th May 2018.
- Understand what the GDPR means for your school and the effect it will have on school policies, processes and culture.
- Appreciate the benefits of a single compliance document as an essential tool to take you the necessary practical steps to becoming GDPR-compliant.
- Learn about the role of a Data Protection Officer and guidance on appointing a DPO in your school.
Certificate of completion
Completed a unit or a whole course? Complete our short survey and we will send you a certificate.
Please allow up to 14 days to receive your certificate.