Improve literacy and achievement across the curriculum using proven strategies to create a whole-school culture of support
How to use this course
Each unit in this course lasts around 90 minutes.
Run these sessions as a series over the course of one or two terms to ensure they have the greatest impact on practice.
This course is suitable for staff across all departments and specialties.
Author and trainer
Raising literacy levels is vital to raising standards – and it needs to be every teacher’s responsibility. Give all your staff the confidence to build literacy skills into their planning and teaching.
This course will enable you to:
- Create a team of experts who can offer widespread practical professional support to colleagues
- Start with quick wins to get all staff engaged in promoting literacy
- Utilise connections between reading, writing and talk to improve standards of work
- Analyse the types of reading and writing skills required in different subject areas
- Increase pupils' progress in all subjects with improved reading, writing, speaking and listening
- Embed cross-curricular literacy in your school improvement plans.
Packed with practical activities to use in training and in the classroom, use this course to get everyone engaged in teaching literacy.
After completing this course, or a unit within it, contact us to receive your certificate of attendance on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certificate of completion
Completed a unit or a whole course? Complete our short survey and we will send you a certificate.
Please allow up to 14 days to receive your certificate.