Busy SENCOs and dedicated learning support staff will find every issue of Special Children full of useful and inspiring ways to improve outcomes for children and young people with SEN. Whether you need strategies for improving literacy or numeracy, ways to include children with sensory impairments, updates on the new Code of Practice, or help with preparation for Ofsted - you will find practical, realistic guidance and insights, alongside colourful images that bring successes to life.
Published six times a year, Special Children magazine brings you case studies, expert guidance and practical ideas to help you to support the learning and progression of every child in your school or setting. Each issue features:
- practical approaches and techniques to implement in the learning environment
- clear strategies to raise achievement and engagement
- pull-out resources to use with pupils or colleagues
- 'tried and tested' reviews of technology and books - find out what others use, and how they they use it.
Keep up to date with cutting-edge practice to ensure you are providing the best possible support for your pupils.
- Explore the latest developments in SEN – from groundbreaking research to government initiatives – to help you implement policy changes
- Discover how your peers are problem-solving, innovating and using resources to improve outcomes and enable progress
- Boost your professional development and continually improve your SENCO leadership and management skills
Included in your subscription
- Special Children is a full-colour magazine, packed with valuable insights, practical resources, useful information and inspiring images.
- Special Children is published six times per year, for SENCOs, teachers, teaching assistants and learning support staff.
Subscriptions to Optimus Information Services are available on a 21-day obligation-free basis. If, for any reason, you decide the subscription is not suitable and, provided you contact the Customer Service Team within 21-days of receipt of your invoice (on 0845 450 6404) and quote your invoice and order detail, you can cancel your subscription. Return the invoice marked 'Cancel' (if applicable), to: Optimus Education, c/o Customer Service Department, 6th Floor, Elizabeth House, 39 York Road, London SE1 7NQ
If paying by credit card, the full price of the purchase will be refunded either by cheque or by crediting your credit card account. If we have issued you with an invoice, you will not be required to pay it.
Please note you are not allowed to copy any of the content in the Information Services prior to cancellation and you must not retain any content post cancellation.
How to access Special Children magazine online
Subscribers of the Optimus Knowledge Centre have access to digital PDF copies of the Special Children magazine (including past editions), articles and resources published online, as well as full access to the Knowledge Centre's four focus areas.
Books and Training Products: Titles in stock will be fulfilled within 15 working days. If you have pre-ordered a forthcoming title, you will receive it as soon as it is available. Please refer to the Optimus Education website for the publication date.
eBooks: After making your order, you will shortly receive another email containing easy instructions on how to download your eBook(s). To access your eBook(s) and files, log in to My Account on the Optimus Education website and go to the 'My Books' tab. eBooks can no longer be purchased by invoice – please do not email/fax any purchase orders for eBook titles as they will not be processed.