Published six times a year, Special Children magazine brings you case studies, expert guidance and practical ideas to help you to improve outcomes for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
Whether you need strategies for improving literacy or numeracy, ways to include children with sensory impairments or help with preparation for Ofsted, Special Children offers insight and inspiration on every page.
Issue 241: Mar–Apr 2018
Issue 240: Jan–Feb 2018
Issue 239: Nov–Dec 2017
Who is it for?
- Inclusion managers
- Teaching assistants
- Learning support staff
Each issue features:
- in-depth reports and case studies around proven best practice
- a pull-out resource to use with pupils or colleagues
- insights into innovative strategies
- reviews by teachers, for teachers, of books and products that accelerate pupil progress.
How will you benefit?
- Explore the latest developments in SEND, from groundbreaking research to government initiatives.
- Discover how your peers are innovating to improve outcomes and enable progress.
- Boost your professional development and continually improve your SENCO leadership and management skills.
Very useful. Keeps me informed of current issues and easy to read and use.
Mrs Chris Graham, Inclusion Manager, St John's (CE) Academy, Clifton
Included in your subscription
- Six issues of Special Children magazine each year, printed in full colour.
- Reader-exclusive discounts on the titles reviewed in each issue.
- A chance to share your experiences and ideas as a talking point.
Access your digital copy
Optimus members have access to digital PDF copies of Special Children magazine (including past editions), articles and resources published online, as well as full access to the Optimus Knowledge Centre.
To access Special Children online, take out a free trial of the Knowledge Centre.
Subscriptions and cancellations
Subscriptions to Optimus Information Services are available on a 21-day obligation-free basis. If, for any reason, you decide the subscription is not suitable and, provided you contact the customer service department within 21-days of receipt of your invoice (on 0845 450 6404) and quote your invoice and order detail, you can cancel your subscription.
Return the invoice marked 'Cancel' (if applicable), to:
If paying by credit card, the full price of the purchase will be refunded either by cheque or by crediting your credit card account. If we have issued you with an invoice, you will not be required to pay it.
Please note you are not allowed to copy any of the content in the Information Services prior to cancellation and you must not retain any content post-cancellation.
Books and training products: Titles in stock will be fulfilled within 15 working days. If you have pre-ordered a forthcoming title, you will receive it as soon as it is available.
eBooks: After making your order, you will shortly receive another email containing easy instructions on how to download your eBook(s). To access your eBook(s) and files, log in to My Account at the Optimus Education website and go to the 'My Books' tab. eBooks can no longer be purchased by invoice – please do not email/fax any purchase orders for eBook titles as they will not be processed.