Developmental Lesson Observation
Used well, observation is a powerful tool for improving teaching and learning. Use this course to develop understanding of why lesson observation matters, extend knowledge of observation and feedback strategies, and improve questioning and feedback skills.
Drawing on author Loic Menzies’ experiences of working with trainee and new teachers, this course will equip you to embed a collaborative, developmental approach to observation across your school.
This course will enable you to:
- develop a whole-school approach to collaborative observation, giving teachers the opportunity to learn from others with contrasting experience and styles
- develop questioning and target setting skills that will enhance observation and feedback
- foster a reflective workforce using self-observation
- support rapid improvement with strategies for tackling observed underperformance
- encourage teachers to work together to investigate and improve a specific aspect of classroom technique using the Lesson Study approach.
Summary of contents
Unit 1: Why observe?
Unit 2: Observation and feedback
Unit 3: Refining observation and feedback
Unit 4: Reviewing and evaluating learning
Unit 5: Lesson study
Unit 6: Improvement planning
Books and training products: Titles in stock will be fulfilled within 15 working days. If you have pre-ordered a forthcoming title, you will receive it as soon as it is available.
eBooks and digital products: After making your order, you will shortly receive another email containing easy instructions on how to download your eBook(s) and digital products. To access, log in to your account and follow the instructions below:
- Go to your Dashboard in the top right hand corner
- Click 'Customise Dasboard'
- Drag the 'My eBooks' module down to your dashboard.
- Click 'Done'
You can now view and access all purchased ebooks from this block. If you can not see your order please email firstname.lastname@example.org.