Why is this conference relevant?
The prevalence of mental health issues among young people is reaching an alarming level, and schools across the country are struggling to offer continued, meaningful support.
Although you might not be a qualified mental health practitioner, your school can still be taking preventative measures to ensure that the young people in your care are happy, thriving and positive learners.
Optimus Education’s inaugural Developing Resilient Learners conference aims to provide you and your colleagues with the strategies to embed a school-wide culture of resilience, where resourceful learners have the skills to manage and bounce back from the challenges of today’s fast-paced world.
What can I expect?
Full programme to be announced shortly. However, you can expect in-depth keynotes with leading experts and a choice of workshops including:
• Whole school: How to develop a whole school vision that puts the wellbeing of students at its core and helps foster an inclusive and vibrant school environment
• Curriculum: How to ensure resilience and character education permeates your curriculum, providing rich, broad and exciting life experience - separate primary and secondary sessions available
• Staff: Practical ideas to prioritise your own wellbeing, build whole-school resilience and support your colleagues to model positive behaviour
• Latest research: Understand the science and psychology of resilience and how it can impact classroom practice
• Stress and anxiety: Practical, proven strategies to help pupils deal with the inevitable stress and pressures from both parents and school
Who should attend?
• Deputy/Assistant Headteachers
• SMSC Coordinators
• PSHE Coordinators
• Pastoral Coordinators
• Heads of Department
What our delegates have said at our mental health and SMSC conferences
'Fabulous! Lots of ideas to take back and implement in school'
- Deputy Head, Our Lady Catholic Primary School
'Absolutely fantastic. A thoroughly enjoyable experience to network, listen and take practical ideas back to school. Thank you!'
-Teacher of Mathematics and Mindfulness, Lincroft School
'A high-quality conference with inspirational and informative speakers. Thank you!'
- SMSC/PSHE Lead, Alexander Mcleod School