Why is this conference relevant?
The Government remains wholly committed to the further development of MATs as the preferred educational model.
With plans to target underperforming and unviable councils, and many deciding to jump rather than wait to be pushed, it is essential that school leaders are fully aware of their options.
Following the popularity of this event in London, we’re bringing the Establishing or Joining Multi-Academy Trusts event to Leeds, providing legal and practical information on the process of joining or forming a MAT and factual, unbiased guidance on the different models available.
What can I expect?
- Gain real world examples of the benefits and potential challenges of MATs in a factual, balanced debate on the pros and cons of joining or creating a MAT
- Understand what to look for in a MAT to maintain your individual identity and how to preserve your school ethos
- Clarify the Government’s latest proposals for the education landscape including new RSC intervention powers and planned legislation to trigger conversions
- Step-by-step guides from practitioners and educational lawyers on the legal process of joining or setting up a MAT
- Clarify the different approaches to finance across your MAT, remain fully compliant and know how to distribute funding fairly to ensure financial stability
Who should attend?
This event is an opportunity for all organisations looking at joining or starting a MAT, as well as those exploring their potential options moving forward.
- School business/finance managers
- School governors
- Finance managers
- Deputy headteachers and vice principals
What our delegates have said
'Thought provoking and stimulating with good opportunities to network and reflect.' Principal, Shirebrook Academy
'A well put together balance of the current national perspective alongside practical examples of how to move into the new landscape.' Headteacher, Stepgates Community School
'I normally feel a conference has been useful if I pick up at least one good/actionable idea. At this conference I came away with a dozen!' Governor, Honiton Community College
'Informative and thought provoking in a positive way.' Deputy Headteacher, All Saints CEVA Primary School
'High quality, extremely well organised with excellent networking opportunities and practical advice.' Headteacher, North Chadderton School
'A very worthwhile day that will have a direct impact on our practice.' Chair of Governors, John Perryn Primary School
Join the conversation with @OptimusEd using #MATformation