Why is this conference relevant?
Irrespective of the current problems within the SEND system or the lack of funding, now is the time to focus our attention on what the latest evidence-based research tells us works to support learners in the classroom.
In addition as a SENCO, knowing how to equip your classroom teachers with the knowledge and skills to support different types of needs is essential to ensure all pupils make good progress.
But with so much information out there, and so little time to sift through everything, knowing what works for pupils with SEND is easier said than done.
This new and timely conference will highlight the latest research surrounding SEND whilst also importantly, giving you the skills to translate this into effective practice in every classroom in your school.
What can I expect?
- Learn how to move away from labels and focus on the strengths and challenges facing individual pupils
- Dispel the myths surrounding neuroscience and know what the latest research tells us work
- Understand what factors prevent or support learning for pupils with SEND
Plus, take away classroom strategies to share with teachers to meet different types of need including:
- Attention and focus
- Emotional regulation
- Working memory
- Communication and interaction
Who should attend?
- Assistant Headteachers
- Deputy Headteachers
- Inclusion Managers
- Local Authorities SEND teams