Why is this conference relevant?
P scales to be removed. Interim pre-key stage standards to be made permanent. Statutory assessment for pupils not engaged in ‘subject-specific learning’ limited to cognition and learning with the introduction of ‘engagement scales'.
Ensuring you can accurately measure how much progress your SEND pupils are making over time is an ongoing challenge for schools. Especially, in light of the changes above.
This is the only event where you will gain the knowledge and strategies needed to ensure you can accurately assess and support the progress of SEND pupils in your school and evidence this to parents and Ofsted.
What can I expect?
- Learn how to evidence the impact of your school’s SEND provision at your next inspection
- Gain strategies to establish accurate baselines, set effective targets and track and monitor progress
- Learn how to incorporate destination data, child aspirations and softer skills into a meaningful view of successful outcomes
- Clarify what the Rochford Review recommendations mean for your school in the short- and long-term
Who should attend?
- Deputy Headteachers
- Assistant Headteachers
- Assessment/Curriculum Leads
This event is relevant for both mainstream and special schools.
What our delegates have said
'Worth the money and the time to travel here for some very useful information and networking opportunities.' Assistant Headteacher, Chiltern Gate School
'A very well put together conference with something for everyone. I’m leaving with my head buzzing, full of ideas and developments.' Deputy Head, Ravenscliffe High School
'A really professional experienced set of speakers who highlighted the ‘real’ key issues which SENDCos are facing day to day.' SENDCo, Higham Lane School