Why is this conference relevant?
Your legal safeguarding duties are constantly updated and increased, it’s therefore vital that you have the support and guidance you need to help you meet these obligations, and protect your pupils.
Our 13th annual Practical Strategies for Safeguarding in Education conference provides an opportunity to engage with the country’s leading safeguarding experts, providing you with practical strategies to ensure no child slips through your safeguarding net.
What can I expect?
- Learn how to protect children online and empower children to understand and protect themselves
- Gain proven strategies to support and protect children suffering from mental health issues
- Stay up to date with the latest guidance and provide fresh training that resonates with your colleagues
- Ensure that all staff can spot the early warning signs of self-harming and understand what their immediate response should be
Who should attend?
- DSLs and DCPOs
- Deputy/Assistant Heads
- Local Authority Safeguarding Teams
- From Primary Schools, Secondary Schools, FE Colleges and Local Authorities
What our delegates said last year
“Engaging, thought provoking – it will enable me to develop our school practice considerably” Assistant Headteacher & DSL, Parkstone Grammar School
“The event was engaging and had lots of practical examples to take back to school to ensure effective practice” Assistant Headteacher, Hartley Primary School
“Brilliant, interesting and very informative” Family Support Worker, Selly Park Technology College for Girls
“Another excellent safeguarding event by Optimus. Quality and Quantity” Safeguarding & Health, Bladon House School
“A great combination of inspirational and creative speakers with factual advice” Assistant Headteacher, Allfarthing Primary School